Cross channel marketing is important for the simple reason that you must be where your customers are. It’s about giving your customers the choice and opportunity to interact with you when it’s most convenient for them - so it’s essential to be there when they are ready to engage with your brand.
Your customer messages should be choreographed, consistent and targeted across all channels. We know your customers could experience your brand in a number of different ways;
- at a bus stop on a mobile via social media, they’ll have a quick look and move on,
- then again on a desktop at lunch time some days later,
- and again in the evening on their ipad with a credit card.
They expect seamless brand communications and the same customer experiences from content which is relevant to them.
To create a truly rewarding customer experiences across all channels requires a coordinated marketing approach - you can keep in front of your customers if you align your organisation to them by getting the most of Webs’ talented people, methods and systems.
As the user experience now includes an ever growing list of devices and channels, as designers we consider them all and understand the opportunities they present.
Instead of focusing on a single product or service, we practice "ecosystem thinking" and evaluate your customer behavior by asking:
- Who are your customers?
- Through what channels do they prefer?
- What information do they need?
- What services do they need?
- What devices do they use?
- Who do they interact with?